Purpose and Overview of Position:
The purpose of the Administrative Specialist works under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer to projects and activities which relieve the COO and CEO of administrative details. The scope of this position will include a wide range of activities help ensure effective day-to-day operations. This role may require, but is not limited to, performing general clerical tasks, communicating with and greeting clients, responding to phone calls and emails, assisting with contract billing, serving as a point of contact for external vendors and community partners at the direction of the COO. The Administrative Specialist may be required to create reports, organize meeting/events and handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
Examples of work may include, but are not limited to:
· Assisting with routine day-to-day general office operations such as answering phones, responding to phone/email messages; scheduling meetings; greeting visitors; and preparing meeting minutes.
· Providing technical support to the COO in preparing and processing voucher request workbooks for contracted agencies assigned to Dismas House of Kansas City, through the Missouri Department of Mental Health’s Recovery Support Services contract.
· Providing technical support to the COO with data entry, organization and management of contract billing activities in accordance with the guidelines established by the Dismas House of KC’s contractual relationships.
· Manages the tracking of program participation hours of Dismas House of KC’s direct service program participants. Prepares and disseminates reports among internal staff of clients’ program participation hours, enrollments and counselor assignments.
· Serves as a point of contact for the Substance Abuse Traffic Offender (SATOP) program’s administrative functions with clients and internal staff to assist in smooth operations and growth of the SATOP program. Assigned activities will include, but not limited to: scheduling consumers’ appointments, collecting/posting payments; scoring tests; sharing/collecting files and records internally, tracking consumers and maintaining associated files and records.
· At the direction of the COO, assists with communications to vendors, partners and external audiences on behalf of the COO/CEO as needed.
· Successful performance in this role will be measured by the accomplishment of objectives that will be established for the candidate within the first 30 days of employment, following training and orientation.
· The candidate will be expected to demonstrate core competencies in key areas, at the time of hire. Those core competencies include:
o Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
o Effective time and project management
o Proficiency with Office 365 – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Teams
o Ability to follow-through on assigned projects – gather, retain and disseminate information
o The ability to work independently and with others to complete assigned tasks and perform assigned operations